Tuesday, September 12, 2006


My First Day as a Teacher

Well today was my first day as a real teacher, on my own in a classroom, doing what I decide to do, and most importantly...GETTING PAID!!! It's about time!

So this is the newer campus of No.10 Middle School. It is the junior school called Zhenhua (juhn-hwa) Middle School. It's a little different from what we're used to, since all of the classes are in separate buildings that are exposed to the elements. The classes have walls and windows and roofs, but the hallways are outside....this is why is gets so cold in class in the winter.

My class is decent. There are 38 kids in every class (I teach 12 classes, 2 times a week) and the desks are like nails on a chaulk board when they're moved, but besides that it's all good. My housemate has a computer in hers with super technology...I don't, but hopefully that stuff is on the way. I do get a waterjug in my room though. Since you can't drink the tap water, this is very useful.

So far (as of the first day) I have no real complaints. The students are great and the school seems wonderful. I think I'm going to really enjoy teaching here.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Johnsons said...

Hey,
Congrats it sounds amazing. I hope you will have many memories to bring home.
talk soon.
Love kelly

10:34 AM  
Blogger The Johnsons said...

Your own classroom. WOW! The freedom of doing what you want and not what the teacher wants must feel great. Have you given all the kids their english names yet? Are there any that are unusual?
Keep up the great work with your blog, as it makes us all feel like we are traveling with you.
Love Mom

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girl..i guess your mom said it all !!CONGRATULATIONS !! love ya ! Crys xoxxo

6:37 AM  
Blogger Mat and Sabrina said...

Thanks for the support guys!

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like your having a great time..loving the blogs,keep them comming..miss you be safe and have fun..lol some of the names are funny...keep up the good work..love ya ,,starr xoxo...

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SABRINA,WHERE EVER YOU GO,OR WHERE EVER YOU MAY TRAVEL,I KNOW THAT YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPRESSION.WE ARE ALL SO VERY PROUD OF YOU.I LOVE YOU. AUNTIE PHYLLIS

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home