
The North Temple Pagoda

Sunday I visited the North Temple Pagoda in Suzhou.
The Pagoda is approximately 10 stories high and has an active Buddhist Monastery within the grounds.
There isn't much to tell about the Pagoda other than it is a wonderful place to see Suzhou from up high. One of the most interesting things about this though, is that the higher you go in the pagoda, the shorter the doorways become.
As someone who's always lived in an apartment, I didn't realize how much more comfortable you feel with the landscape after having seen it at a distance. 
The grounds also have a wonderful garden area where you can see fish and turtles (I think I saw a bunch of them humping from afar, but alas, the sound of my approach killed my chances of having turtle porn for everyone to view). The turtles aren't the only ones that get lucky in this garden......

The landscape of the city is primarily occupied by buildings, but when you look to the West of Suzhou you notice some fair sized mountains. Hopefully I will be able to get to the mountains soon and have a blog about those.
1 Comments:
hey,
sounds amazing...im so jealous. Scott says "budda has big boobies..." he said he thought it would make you laugh...(Oh haha, sorry...i didn't think it was 2 funny...i'll give him SOME credit) but anyways, i can see people are having fun....lol....isn't budda sacred/godlike...how they do such an act...*tisk tisk*.....
I MISS YOU, COME HOME SOON......!
LOVE,
kelly
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home