Just a Typical Day
I began teaching a kindergarten class this week. They are adorable. It's not part of my teaching at Zhenhua---I'm teaching through an English Language school. We talked about food today. Listened to some songs and played some games. There is a workbook with units that I have to follow, so there is pretty much no planning, which is great!!! I loved it though. Eventhough I did practically the same thing for 1 hour, I enjoyed it. I think I'd really love teaching Primary school children.
I also signed up for Chinese class. A few of the girls on the floor and Carly (Paul's girlfriend) are taking a 2 hour Chinese class every Tuesday and it's less than $1o an hour. I am very excited. We will get to learn to write and recognize some characters, which I think is exactly what I need. I'm ok with learning the words on my own, but the characters are far too confusing. I've been able to accumulate a few completely useless words like, miaoshu (describe) and bijiao (compare) and carshe (test), since these are words that have been essential to my lesson planning. I guess that's the key----teach the things I want to learn in Chinese. That might actually work.
Besides all of that I've been working my butt of trying to finish my online course, so I am done all of the work before Mat gets here. Just about 24 days to go...and counting. I can't wait to see him.
I'm off to watch some House and pretend I have the stamina to run on my treadmill.
Season 2 here I come!
I began teaching a kindergarten class this week. They are adorable. It's not part of my teaching at Zhenhua---I'm teaching through an English Language school. We talked about food today. Listened to some songs and played some games. There is a workbook with units that I have to follow, so there is pretty much no planning, which is great!!! I loved it though. Eventhough I did practically the same thing for 1 hour, I enjoyed it. I think I'd really love teaching Primary school children.
I also signed up for Chinese class. A few of the girls on the floor and Carly (Paul's girlfriend) are taking a 2 hour Chinese class every Tuesday and it's less than $1o an hour. I am very excited. We will get to learn to write and recognize some characters, which I think is exactly what I need. I'm ok with learning the words on my own, but the characters are far too confusing. I've been able to accumulate a few completely useless words like, miaoshu (describe) and bijiao (compare) and carshe (test), since these are words that have been essential to my lesson planning. I guess that's the key----teach the things I want to learn in Chinese. That might actually work.
Besides all of that I've been working my butt of trying to finish my online course, so I am done all of the work before Mat gets here. Just about 24 days to go...and counting. I can't wait to see him.
I'm off to watch some House and pretend I have the stamina to run on my treadmill.
Season 2 here I come!
2 Comments:
Hey,
now you want to teach the little ones? yeah their cute..thats my excuse!
Chinese class? wow..i couldn't learn it....well i guess i could if i really tried...
Im workin on season 2 now, its not as exciting as season 1...just yet...only on episode 3 so we'll c.
Good luck with your online course....
gotta get to my exam...and more studying...
ttyl,
love you,
kelly
P.S. SCOTT SAYS HEY!!
Hey
Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself. Songs were always your strong suit.
Love ya
Mom
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home