Finally....a real holiday.
You just don't know how lucky you have it with your Thanksgiving in October, your Christmas in December and your New Year in January. I have been teaching for what feels like forever and I'm finally getting a vacation.
Mat will be at the airport in just over 15 hours and I'm so excited I can't even sleep. In just 1 day we'll be off on our 5 week trek through China.
We'll begin with a few days in Nanjing, followed by a few more in Xi'an, where we'll see the Army of Terracotta Warriors. Flying from Xi'an we'll head to Chengdu, where I am so thrilled that I will be able to see a real live Panda bear!!! Taking a bus/train/camel (it's the Spring Festival--Chinese New Year---and transportation is rare), we'll head to Chongqing where we'll embark on a 4 day cruise down the Yangtze river...seeing the Three Gorges Dam when we dock in Yichang. After a few days in Wuhan, we'll fly to Shenzhen, where we'll spend a few days shopping before going to Macau (the Vegas of the East) and then ending our trip with 10 days in Hong Kong.
We're even going to go to Disneyland!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will have my computer (since I'm still doing a course during this time), so I'll try to get some blogs posted and some pictures up along the way.
I hope everyone has a wonderful February in the freezing Canadian cold. We'll be cold for the first week, then we'll be singing Disney songs on the Hawaii-like beaches of Lantau Island, Hong Kong.
Mickey Mouse here I come!
2 Comments:
HEY BRE BRE....okie now im jealous...mickey mouse...!!! i hate u hate u...
okay i got it...
wear a shirt with a picture of me on it and take a pic of u and mickey....! i wanna be in the pic sabrina..
OKAY...HERES THE DEAL...i want a keychain...not a stupid 1...a princess one...and it has to be from DisneyLand...okay....something with diamonds....gurlie!
oh btw...thanks for the red envelope u freak!
love u..
Wow 5 weeks of rest and relaxation!
Hope you enjoy your adventure traveling all over China.
Disney, well you know you have to say hi to Mickey for me, take lots of pictures.
Blog when you can. Enjoy the sun, as we enjoy the beautiful white snow and minus temperatures.
Love ya
Mom and Dad
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home