Since Mat is not so happy with the heights thing, and since this one is high...and goes over the ocean...he didn't look down much, but if he had he would have seen some cool stuff.
When we got to the other side we planned on checking out another part of the city---that was until we saw the 4 hour lineup to return by cable car. We turned around, talked to a security guard and were put towards the front of the line. We aren't sure whether this was a good thing or not, and here's why. On the way back, the already strong wind picked up and the cable car was stopped. Filled with a family of non-height friendly people, our joy at the swaying of our car was only heightened by the screaming of our fellow passengers. After a little shout-out to good old J.C. the wind eventually stopped and we were more than happy to have our feet planted firmly on the ground once again. The cable ride was then stopped for the next little bit, due to the dangerously high winds.
Though the Buddha was cool, the best part of Lantau Island is unquestionably DISNEYLAND. Yep, I'm a 4 year old. From the time we got on the Disney train, until I got tired at 5 (yep, I'm a very old 4-year-old), I was a child enjoying the sight of Mickey, the flying Dumbo ride and the perfectly choreographed shows with my favourite disney songs. Though it is certainly a place for kids, it is still something everyone should see.
If you haven't, here are some of my favourite moments to help you get the taste of Disney magic.
This is the Disney train that connects the main subway line to Disneyland.
Even the handles are disney-friendly.
The station sets the pace for magic.
Welcome!
Mickey has a little fun on the waves just outside the park.
and even the garbage cans get in on the fun.
After Mat's performance (which was lovely by the way honey)
where we met some of Africa's most exciting animals.
We watched a great 4-D movie (you could even smell the food on screen).
You can't really tell, but Donald is flying at your head.
I think he took it alittle far with this one. (ok...it was my idea).
The castle is the gateway to Fantasyland.
We sipped tea in the tea cups (you get to spin these things yourself...holy nauseating.)
Tomorrowland
We flew in UFOs.
I got to drive.
We even had a little Disney treat (Yeah that's chocolate covered ice cream shaped like the head of Mickey Mouse). Yum.
Interesting fact: Mat is holding a jelly flavoured one...it is also frozen jelly consistency. Very weird. One of the coolest things was the Disney Parade that takes place twice a day.
Everyone lines the main street of Main Street USA and gets ready for singing, dancing and a whole lot of Disney characters.
1 Comments:
I'm absolutely jealous...! lol
I can see you enjoyed yourself. One day I'll make it to Disneyland!
love you!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home